It was purely a visual prompt that made me make this soup and not the combination of ingredients. It was pretty and sometimes that is all it takes for me to make a recipe. It was also a quick, throw everything into the pot type of recipe which is another thing I like when it comes to making soup.
|1 onion, chopped
2 cups leek, sliced
8 ounces unpeeled potatoes, diced
3 3/4 cups vegetable stock (make your own stock)
1 bay leaf
8 ounces broccoli florets
|1 1/2 cups frozen peas
2 to 3 TBS. chopped fresh parsley
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. Add the stock, bay leaf, onions, leeks, and potatoes in a medium pot and cook until the mixture boils.
2. Once it boils, then cover pot, reduce heat, and cook for another ten minutes.
3. Then add the peas and broccoli and cover the pot to bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Once it boils, reduce the heat, and cook for another ten minutes and then set aside to cool.
5. Using a blender or food processor, puree the mixture until it is lightly smooth. It will still be a little bit chunky, but try to remove as much of the chunks as possible.
6. Next add the parsley.
7. Add the salt and pepper and blend the mixture again.
8. Spoon the mixture back into the medium pot and reheat before serving.
Enter your link and share your soup recipe. Be sure that you have a final picture of the soup recipe and that you link directly to the soup post you are sharing.
If you would like, then you may use one of the soup swap buttons in your post or on the sidebar of your blog.